Macbook pro batteries

Reaction score
The battery, on my 15in Macbook pro needs replacing, there is no life left in it at all, can only use it on mains power.

I am very reluctant to pay apple £101 for a genuine battery, but i am a bit dubious about buying one from cheaper suppliers. I have seen them on Amazon for about £40, but i am worried whether they will be any good, i know you only get what you pay for.

Does anyone know of a good supplier in the uk, for these batteries, or should i take the plunge and buy a genuine one from Apple store ?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am very reluctant to pay apple £101 for a genuine battery, but i am a bit dubious about buying one from cheaper suppliers.

Sounds like you're stuck between a "Rock and a Hard Place!";)

Some non-Apple batteries are better than others. Some folks have reported positive results with these:

Quality Battery Options for Apple MacBook, MacBook Pro, Powerbook G3/G4, iBook G3/G4

OWC is located in the US...so not sure how much it will cost you to the UK (customs & VAT)...but folks from all over the world order from them.:)

Good luck,

- Nick

OP
W
Reaction score
Hi Nick, Many thanks for your reply and link. I have contacted them, waiting for a price for shipping.

Many thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.