Canon to apple

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to transfer photos directly fron my canon 7d to my apple desk top. I cant seem to open them unless I open them in lightroom.

;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Well, put your SD card in a card reader and then open Spotlight (cmd+spacebar) and type in : Image Capture. If you want to manually manage your photos, this built in application will do the job nicely.

Doug

Edit: Stupid question. If you have Lightroom, why wouldn't you want to use it? The whole purpose of having it is to cull photos, put them where you want, keyword photos and edit them for export to where ever.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi mate thanks for your reply. I already use Lightroom to upload my photos and sort them out but sometimes I like to the as a Raw Image as well as the jpeg.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Until you export it's still raw in Lr. Unless you convert to dng on import, then it's just a different raw format.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.