Screen resolution/ratio on 27in imac

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently installed windows with bootcamp and my resolution looks funny on Windows. I did the whole preferences/screen resolution routine but all the choices still makes everything look smashed and stretched. I can't seem to find a way to display windows in widescreen. I updated my drivers and nothing happened and i have the apple updater and it doesn't have anything either?

Ideas? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.93Mhz Quad core i7 8Gb 2Tb OSX SL latest
Hi,

I don't know if it is quite the same problem as you have, but you might find my ealrier thread interesting:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/running-windows-anything-else-your-mac/258407-screen-resolution-problem-27in-imac-bootcamp.html

There were a number of things that I tried, eventually getting to a situation where I had a 1600x1200 non-stretched screen leaving black edges. It was workable, although a shame to loose the full width of my 27in. Then I unplugged a Mini DVi - VGA adapter and full service was resumed.

Obviously the software and driver fixes I tried were for the Ati Radeon graphics adapter that I have and yours may be different. I suggest you read the thread to the end, if you think it might be relevant.

Hope you get it sorted.

Tim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.