Does anyone know the email or ph. number of someone high up at apple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello

I got tim cooks email the ceo of apple: [email protected]. I sent him an email about an issue I had with a Imac g5 that came with a bad logic board because of bad capacitors. I am looking for apple to cooperate economically with the repair as a company that stands behind its products.I still haven't heard back from him as of yet.

Does anyone know the email address to anyone high up in apple, perhaps tier 3 customer support in apple customer relations?

I had previously spoken with marty mcrae at customer relations and with tino at apple customer relations but the email they gave me rebounded my messages.

I know the phone number to apple customer relations is 1-800-767-2775 already.

any help is appreciated

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
That imac G5 is well and truly out of warranty, and I dont know what you expect from Apple, supporting a fault on a Mac more than 5 years old.

You are better off looking for an Imac within a broken screen or something on ebay and sorting the logic board problem yourself

OP
Reaction score
thanks i know that much however apple should stand behind its products and help its small customers out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I do sympathise with you but I seriously doubt that Apple keeps a load of old spare motherboards lying around in a warehouse, just in case anybody might need one

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
thanks i know that much however apple should stand behind its products and help its small customers out.

Yeah, good luck with that. They are in business to make money. If they were to pay out warranty claims for every machine well past its prime, they wouldn't be in business very long.

7-8 years is a good, long run for any computer, let alone an iMac, which uses laptop components and has limited cooling capacity. I'd simply repurpose that particular box as a doorstop - even in running condition, that's about all it's good for.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
There was a replacement program for some iMacs with bad caps. Not sure if that still are doing that.

Just a note that up till 10 months ago I was using an iMac G5 20" with Leopard and it still did everything I needed it to do, Now if it was a G4......

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree with you Dennis, for basic tasks, it might still be a viable machine. But what I really meant to make clear is that 7-8 years is a good long run for any machine. Past 5 years and you're on borrowed time. If it's not something like popped caps, surely you can expect mechanical components like fans and HDDs to start failing.

There's a reason the warranties can only be extended to 3 years... if they were expected to run much past that, you'd better believe companies like Apple would be cashing in on longer warranty contracts.

OP
Reaction score
thank louis for you sympathy however apple can cooperate economically towards the price of a new logic board if they happen to not have any in stock. this computer happens to be one of the imacs that came with bad caps from Apple. There was actually a apple extension repair program for it in 2008 except my imac didn't fail until later than that so the program was already closed by the time I knew about the the program.

Does anyone have the email address of someone at apple customer relations?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thank louis for you sympathy however apple can cooperate economically towards the price of a new logic board if they happen to not have any in stock. this computer happens to be one of the imacs that came with bad caps from Apple. There was actually a apple extension repair program for it in 2008 except my imac didn't fail until later than that so the program was already closed by the time I knew about the the program.

Does anyone have the email address of someone at apple customer relations?

I'd be shocked if Apple even stocked logic boards for a machine of that vintage. You are correct that there was a warranty extension up until 2008. Here's the problem: it's nearly 2012. Technology marches on at a pretty fast pace, so while that machine may have been fully supported with parts supplies in 2008, 8 or 9 newer revisions have been released that Apple now needs to support. They're not going warehouse parts for a machine that far out of date. Much like you can't get a new bumper for an '82 Chevette from GM.

You're not going to find any insider contacts on this forum. We're not affiliated with Apple in any shape or form.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
CWA, I agree completely on the warrantee but sometimes Apple does strange things like say with their recent recall and replacement of the iPod 1st Gen Nano!

It can't hurt to ask them, but like you said, we have no connections with Apple at all. Call them and tell them you own one of the affected iMacs and see what they will do. I would not expect much for that old a machine.

OP
Reaction score
Does anyone have any contacts with apple customer relations that could help?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I think the gist of the thread should be reiterated: it's not going to matter if you find some contact info since you're machine is well out of warranty. Apple doesn't have an obligation to fix the machine for free beyond any legal requirements that may require them to service it beyond an expired warranty.

OP
Reaction score
apple contact

Does anyone know the email of an apple vp or something like that?

I feel that there should of been a recall on these machines and there was a 30% failure rate for imac g5Is The iMac G5 Running Hot? - Popular Mechanics

I feel like I am being penalized because by machine lasted longer than others that failed within the repair extension program. Apple should stand behind its small customers.

Anybody know any apple vice presidents or have the email address for them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Tell you what, if I did I wouldn't share it. What's been said before is true. The tooling for the board has probably LONG since been destroyed, the chips too. The processor has been EOL'd for a while as well. In short, new parts (short of NOS) are probably gone. You're 3 years past the extended warranty and still about it finally dying?

Why does this remind me of work all of a sudden?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As advised at your other thread, warranty offer expired 15 December 2008 so you have well and truly missed the boat.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We have all said this before, no one here knows any number you can call and get a free logic board, so to keep the insulting posts from our forums, I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.