Change Mail address on ipad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I have several email addressess (Hotmail, aol, yahoo, zen). While playing with my new ipad (just 2 days old - still got that smile on my face!!) I've managed to set ot up so that mail defaults to my aol email which I rarely use. So to the questions...
(1)Is it possible to set up several email addresses to be used by mail and select which to use at the time of sending?
(2) Failing that how can I get rid of aol mail and select something else. My wife and I will both be using the iPad so it makes sense to create a new joint email address for the ipad, I could just set it up for my wifes aol account whch will make more sense to us in the short term.

OK - Panic not, I've almost solved this having found the settings function for mail. Presently notaccepting password on second email account though... will keep trying...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Setting the default is easy. Just go to Settings>mail>default account. It's right there, you just set it!

Doug

OP
Sawday
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Setting a default isn't a problem, but although I've found I can add a second (or third) email address it won't actually let me add a second email - it just keeps telling me that the password is wrong (which it isn't). Even if I do manage to get past that hurdle I would still need to reset the default whenever my wife or I swop the iPad. What I'd really like, assumming I do acutally get it to accept a second email address, is for it to give me the option of which email to use 'at the point of emailing'. Is this going to be possible?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Setting a default isn't a problem, but although I've found I can add a second (or third) email address it won't actually let me add a second email - it just keeps telling me that the password is wrong (which it isn't). Even if I do manage to get past that hurdle I would still need to reset the default whenever my wife or I swop the iPad. What I'd really like, assumming I do acutally get it to accept a second email address, is for it to give me the option of which email to use 'at the point of emailing'. Is this going to be possible?

Not sure I understand your question or issue.

I currently have 5 different email accounts set up for my iPad in Mail. I can choose to have all mail boxes displayed or only certain ones, and choose as I wish which one to send from.

OP
Sawday
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll need to experiment more then as this is just what i want to do. For the moment it will only accept one email. When I add an email it asks for user name and password but then tells me that the password is wrong. If I delete the fist email I had entered and replace it with the one that it would not accept it is then accepted, if I then try to re-add the first email I am again told the the password is wrong. Doh! If no joy I'll contact Apple.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I'll need to experiment more then as this is just what i want to do. For the moment it will only accept one email. When I add an email it asks for user name and password but then tells me that the password is wrong. If I delete the fist email I had entered and replace it with the one that it would not accept it is then accepted, if I then try to re-add the first email I am again told the the password is wrong. Doh! If no joy I'll contact Apple.

Probably not a bad idea to give them a call because you are doing just what I remember doing, but no problems on mine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.