No subclass NSobject in mainmenue.nib xcode 2.5

Reaction score
I am new to any kind of code developing and have started with Xcode 2.5 on my mac powerbook running Tiger 1.4.11.
I only have the "Cohen" Xcode 2 book for reference and have immediately hit a wall following one of their exercises.
In "Classes" I have selected the Cocoa class "NSobject" which should then show a subclass "NSobject" but does not.
How should I proceed or will I just keep hitting problems along the way.
Any help will be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I can't picture in my head what you are seeing. I'm thinking you are in Interface Builder somewhere.

NSObject is the root class of all Objective-C classes, which means all other classes are a subclass of it, either directly or through other inheritance. Also, NSObject is not a subclass of another class, so I wouldn't expect it to show a subclass "NSobject".

OP
H
Reaction score
Interface Builder

Hi, Yes I was in Interface Builder. Created a buttton, text field and moved on to the "hooking-up" section.
Clesses tab in mainMenu.nib > select NSObject from the left column. This should then open a column on the right - including "subclass NSObject".
This "subclass NSObject" does not appear anywhere so I can go no further. As I said I am using xcode 2.5 on my system, but am following xcode 2 literature wise.

Using OSX Tiger 10.4.11- Power PC 1.25GHz 2GB Ram.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.