iCloud Account

Reaction score
I am really close to buying an iPhone 4S and switching from my BB Tour. Everyone keeps talking about iCloud. Is this going to cost extra?? I am just trying to figure what this whole switch is going to cost me :) Doesn't syncing w/iTunes save your photos, etc?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
iCloud is free.

You'll need iOS5 on your iOS device (iPhone) and either Lion on your Mac.. or if you're a PC user you'll need Vista or Windows 7 as the base OS and the following:

Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, or an up-to-date version of your preferred browser is required for accessing your email, contacts, and calendars in iCloud.

Oh and yes, synching with iTunes will do that. The part of iCloud that is superior is the push synchronization with contacts and calendars.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
In addition to the above - iCloud brings PhotoStream - which means all your new images (either imported into iPhoto or Aperture, depending on what you've enabled) as well as pics taken with the iPhone get synchronized across your iCloud enabled devices. I've found it very useful - although needs an easy pruning feature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Get to the Apple store as fast as you can and get that iPhone 4s. You will not be disappointed!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.