Help with a free Mac app

Reaction score
I downloaded the free ringer maker. There are no instructions. I am still fairly new to Mac and can't figure it out. Once in a while I can make the ringer but then I can't get it to,save. I cant think of the name (on iPad) but the icon is a bell with a little music note to the upper left.

Is there someplace we can get instructions?

Thanks

C

chas_m

Here's some instructions:

1. Drag that crap to the garbage can.

2. Locate "Garageband" on your Mac.

3. Launch it.

4. Select "iPhone Ringtone."

5. Bring in the audio file you want to use.

6. Enjoy.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. I don't have garage band, and it won't let me drag and drop. It's crazy. If I get easy instructions I would be more than happy to pay for a ringer app.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Thank you for the response. I don't have garage band, and it won't let me drag and drop. It's crazy. If I get easy instructions I would be more than happy to pay for a ringer app.

If you have your iLife disk (should have come with your Mac) you can install GarageBand. If not, I believe it is available as a download from the Mac APP Store.

OP
B
Reaction score

OP
B
Reaction score
WTH. response again? Lol. I will look into more apps. Just wanted new ringers. Like I said very new to Mac but would never go back!!!! :).

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
This might help you. It explains how to use iTunes to create a ringtone. No other software needed. Several steps are involved but they are pretty straightforward Make free iPhone ringtones in iTunes 10

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.