Replacing the black nubs beneath a MacBook Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
One of the black nubs on which the MacBook sits (there are four of them beneath the computer) has fallen off. Now the metal is getting scratched down, and I want to replace it, but Mac says that 1) it isn't covered by my warranty (!), and 2) they can't sell me the little nub, I have to pay over $180 to get the entire bottom section replaced.

Pretty shameless. Is there any way around this? Can I order the part somewhere else and do it myself?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would give eBay a look and see if you can pick up the feet there or perhaps the entire bottom case. You can always cannibalize the feet off a used case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I have sen them on amazon before. Either that or you can find them on eBay.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
One of the black nubs on which the MacBook sits (there are four of them beneath the computer) has fallen off. Now the metal is getting scratched down, and I want to replace it, but Mac says that 1) it isn't covered by my warranty (!), and 2) they can't sell me the little nub, I have to pay over $180 to get the entire bottom section replaced.

You could also just pull the other three feet off...and replace all four with some sort of self-adhesive rubber feet that you can find at a craft store or home improvement store like Lowe's or Home Depot.

This would most likely only cost you like $5.00 to $10.00 bucks (or less).:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Macbook Pro 3,1
I have the same problem. The craft store option doesn't sound bad. I might do that. I saw some on ebay for mine (pre unibody) as well. Not sure if the sell them for the unibody online.

Reaction score
yea, i'd just buy some rubber and cut it around the same size and thickness and just glue it on
no one looks under the laptop anyways so no shame doing a dyi
better ugly than broken in my opinion :)

Reaction score
or u can buy a case, it clips on and im sure the missing little rubber wouldnt effect the case hanging on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.