iPhone IP Address?

Reaction score
I don't have an iPhone, but I am sure they have an IP address when connecting to the internet, right?

However, do they have like a private IP address? Or does it change all the time?

I'm trying to think of a way for iPhone users to store data on a website I am working on without them having to have a username/password. I thought maybe the website could recognize the IP address, but if it changes all the time that won't work.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Each device on the Internet has a unique MAC address. Additionally, unique IP addresses are required to operate on the Internet, but traditionally, each Internet user gets a public IP address from their ISP and then within their home they have multiple IP addresses in the private IP range (192.168.x.x, 172.16.x.x and so on) that aren't visible outside.

Regardless, when you want to have a website store information related to your visitors, you should do so using cookies that the mobile or desktop browsers allow you to do.

You need to think a bit more about the technical aspects of what you are trying to accomplish..

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Moved to a more appropriate forum - this is more of a web development question.

There's always LocalStorage as well but it depends what kind of data you want to be stored on the device. If you can make do with simple key/value storage, take a look at LocalStorage - it's fast, simple and requires only a bit of JS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.