PowerPoint 2011 Saving as movies problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 1.1, 3 GHz, 11 GB RAM, 4 HDs; MacBook
:Grimmace:I'm finding that when saving a Powerpoint 2011 presentation as a .mov file with slides that contain a video that the Quicktime movie stops at the slide containing the movie and doesn't go through the rest of the presentation. If there are only still slides, all seems to be OK (although none of the animations work). When I tested a PP presentation with 2 video slides in it, the .mov file created using the Save as Movies command will play the slides up to the first slide with a video, then a white screen occurs and the second video plays but none of the other still slides play. I've re-booted my computer to no avail. When I save out the same file in a Windows laptop as a Windows media file (.wmv), everything works well, even the animations play. Has anyone succeeded in creating a movie out of a Powerpoint 2011 slideshow that contains slides with videos? Thanks for any help you can provide!

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I gave your post its own thread. Didn't really belong piggybacked on the thread where you had placed it - plus you're more likely to get responses by posting a thread dedicated to your question.

Reaction score
How to save powerpoint as video with animations, mac 2011?

I hope someone out there has the answer to this one:

How to save powerpoint as video with animations that work, mac 2011?

I have the same problem as the person who posted the first message.
I read that this works in the 2010 version but no one seems to know how to make it work with the 2011 version.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.