Potential Switcher?

Reaction score
I'm trying to put this as politely as possible. The guys over at Microsoft put together a fine product I'm sure but I'm over it. At home I've got a Mac Mini and an iPad. I've replaced all Windows installations with Linux. I just have one problem. The company that I work for makes software that only run on Windows. I'm up for a new laptop at work and I would like to get a Mac but I have to be able to run our software. Is this an option or should I just conform?

Reaction score
I run Winows effortlessly on my iMac using Parallels. Is that what you mean?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm trying to put this as politely as possible. The guys over at Microsoft put together a fine product I'm sure but I'm over it. At home I've got a Mac Mini and an iPad. I've replaced all Windows installations with Linux. I just have one problem. The company that I work for makes software that only run on Windows. I'm up for a new laptop at work and I would like to get a Mac but I have to be able to run our software. Is this an option or should I just conform?

There's lots of solutions for running Windows concurrently with Mac OS X on a Mac. Although they are not ideal for playing video games or using software that requires 3D acceleration, they work great for running most productivity and/or business apps. If your company allows you to purchase the laptop of your choosing, a few stray business apps that are Windows-only, shouldn't be a roadblock at all.

For more information, read here:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ru...4239-running-windows-mac-switchers-guide.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.