Making an Apple USB Lion Recovery disk

Reaction score
I remember reading on a forum several months ago about how to make the Snow Leopard USB key that came with a macbook air into a Lion USB recovery disk. Does anyone have a link to that or even know what I am talking about? I dan't find it anyone.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Better than that even, Create Bootable disk or thumbdrive with one click

I've used this with an 8 gig Sandisk thumb drive and it worked wonderfully.
In fact, I just did a clean install of Lion on my wife's 13" MacBook Pro yesterday.

But of course, you'd first need to have access to the App Store in order to purchase Lion. So it would seem that the easiest way would be to simply purchase the Lion thumb drive from Apple anyway.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Oh and Snow Leopard didn't come with a USB key. It came on a DVD.

yea, my bookmarked link was from before Lion's release

OP
N
Reaction score
I thought it came with a USB key on the MacBook Airs? Since I updated my Air and Pro to Lion I wanted to use the USB key for a Lion recovery Disk.

OP
N
Reaction score
My MBA came with an Apple USB recovery drive. Can I use that recovery drive and make it a Lion recovery drive?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.