Finder under different users

Reaction score
I feel like this is a really dumb question -but I'm a total noob -
When I'm under my kids account and using finder (which is not restricted in anyway) I can't seem to end up in my kids folder when looking for downloads etc. At the top of finder it looks says "All my Files" etc as it does on the main account.

The only way I can access "KIDS" as a user is to "right click" the dock and click on "show in finder" on a couple of me fluid generated apps. Only then can I see stuff I downloaded when I was in my kids account and then Finder says "KIDS" at the top.

How do I navigate to KIDS as a user within finder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
The only way I can access "KIDS" as a user is to "right click" the dock and click on "show in finder" on a couple of me fluid generated apps. Only then can I see stuff I downloaded when I was in my kids account and then Finder says "KIDS" at the top.
You mean at the top, center? That is, in a Finder Window, aka a folder...

How do I navigate to KIDS as a user within finder.
Clicking on HD/Users/Kids/Downloads (or Documents, etc.) doesn't work?

Also, once you make it to that folder, right click on Kids to go back to the folder that it is in, then drag Kids to the Sidebar. Then it will be there whenever you want it. But, it really should be there already. When in that account, click Finder > Preferences > Sidebar. Make sure "Home" is checked.

OP
D
Reaction score
Ahhh -I changed the finder settings to show path and then I was able to see the root directory and right click to open that folder. I do see that I will need to share those folders I'm trying to get to -like my pictures. Brilliant. Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.