Apple ID help

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right section to post this but here goes. My first apple purchase was an Ipad and I set up an apple id for that. I then liked it so much that I have purchased a macbook and an iphone which I use daily for business purposes. I have used the same apple id for all of them but the ipad never gets synced to the computer or even has the latest updates for icloud to work. My kid has pretty much taken over the ipad with all his games, etc.

The apple id seems pretty powerful with the icloud integration and ability to remotely wipe devices, etc. What I am thinking I would like to do is keep my apple id and use it for my mac and iphone and then set up a new one on the ipad for my son but not sure how that will work with all the content including apps we bought he already has on there. Any ideas?

C

chas_m

You would lose and have to re-buy anything you purchased on the "old" Apple ID if you create a new Apple ID for your son. The purchases are linked to the Apple ID.

OP
S
Reaction score
So if I sign out with the current ID and sign in with a different one all the apps will automatically disappear? I understand they are linked to the ID and if you needed to do a restore or something they might not come back but I not sure how it works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.