PC Connection Problem

Reaction score
I currently have a MacBook Air and a PC Laptop nicely connected to the internet through an Airport Extreme network. I want to add a further desktop PC to the network and recently upgraded it with a D-Link wireless PCI Adapter. Everything seems fine on the PC, I've got a connected and strong to v.strong signal but I can't access the internet. What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Reaction score
I currently have a MacBook Air and a PC Laptop nicely connected to the internet through an Airport Extreme network. I want to add a further desktop PC to the network and recently upgraded it with a D-Link wireless PCI Adapter. Everything seems fine on the PC, I've got a connected and strong to v.strong signal but I can't access the internet. What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Two possibilities spring to mind - did you enter the correct password for your wireless network when you connected. You will have "limited connection" if that happens. Secondly - if you have an internet security suite with firewall included the firewall component may be blocking the internet until it knows how to handle the new connection. It should pop up and prompt you, but you could try turning off the firewall component temporarily to test.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.