Greeting card creation software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
My wife wants to make Christmas cards this year to send out, so I'm looking for suggestions for software that's well suited to this. I'm considering Print Shop 2. I've used Print Shop waaaay back in the day and I see it's been updated for Lion and on the App Store, but reviews are mixed. I don't necessarily need dedicated software for greeting cards... I can really use pretty much anything, it's more the graphical elements that I need. Among her ideas was to have pictures of the dogs each inside a Christmas ornament as part of the scenery. Any thoughts here?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
My wife wants to make Christmas cards this year to send out, so I'm looking for suggestions for software that's well suited to this. I'm considering Print Shop 2. I've used Print Shop waaaay back in the day and I see it's been updated for Lion and on the App Store, but reviews are mixed. I don't necessarily need dedicated software for greeting cards... I can really use pretty much anything, it's more the graphical elements that I need. Among her ideas was to have pictures of the dogs each inside a Christmas ornament as part of the scenery. Any thoughts here?

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'd be interested in what you come up with.

I tried the Cards APP that came with IOS 5 and wasn't really impressed. Done a bit with Pages and it works but I tend to be a bit lazy and not terribly visually creative.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds like a good idea to me. I'd be interested in what you come up with.

I tried the Cards APP that came with IOS 5 and wasn't really impressed. Done a bit with Pages and it works but I tend to be a bit lazy and not terribly visually creative.

Yeah, I haven't really looked at that much yet, though I have it. It'd be a bit pricey to have Apple print up and mail out everything for us, thus my hesitance to bother with it. I may play with it some later.

BTW… I keep forgetting to comment on your avatar of Preston. I love the Wallace & Gromit shorts!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BTW… I keep forgetting to comment on your avatar of Preston. I love the Wallace & Gromit shorts!

Thanks.
I'm a big fan too. A while back (last year maybe) we were harassing Nick that he needed to update his Avatar. Robduckyworth proposed this and I stole it. :)

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks.
I'm a big fan too. A while back (last year maybe) we were harassing Nick that he needed to update his Avatar. Robduckyworth proposed this and I stole it. :)

You know… I completely forgot about Wallace's Christmas Cardomatic. Maybe I should just build one of those.

I wish they'd release the Cracking Contraptions in HD. Have you seen the regular shorts (A Close Shave, et al) on Blu-Ray? They look downright amazing versus the DVD versions.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You know… I completely forgot about Wallace's Christmas Cardomatic. Maybe I should just build one of those.

I wish they'd release the Cracking Contraptions in HD. Have you seen the regular shorts (A Close Shave, et al) on Blu-Ray? They look downright amazing versus the DVD versions.

We are still in the dark ages. I have been buying Blu-ray disks when they include a DVD in anticipation, but my standard DvD player continues to crank along so I haven't replaced it yet.

EDIT: I hadn't seen the Cardomatic so I did a search and found it on YouTube. Thanks for the heads up!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.