Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Any suggestions to solve problem of pop ups that say slow script? Would I need something like Java script? I have a mac 10.4.11. What would remedy this issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I have never heard of a pop-up that says "slow script". I don't even know what that means. Can you elaborate on what exactly it is you are doing when this happens?

OP
C
Reaction score
On this very page for example it says slow script is making safari unresponsive. Then it asks if you want to continue to run script. Not sure if this helps?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
On this very page for example it says slow script is making safari unresponsive. Then it asks if you want to continue to run script. Not sure if this helps?

I have had this happen. I believe you are presented with a Safari "pop-up" window that gives you two choices..."Stop" or "Continue". I just click "Stop"...everything is fine...and I move on.:)

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I was wondering Would I benefit from something such as java script? It says I need it in order to update my yahoo account. I also thought because of the slow script popping up that such a thing may remedy the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
javascript is built into Safari and other browsers.
What version of Safari or other browser are you using? 4.1.3 is the latest that works for 10.4.11 and powerPC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I'd suggest using better topic titles in the future.

OP
C
Reaction score
I downloaded it and it says that I need 110mb of space. Is there any way to free up such space or is there a way to aquire more space?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I downloaded it and it says that I need 110mb of space. Is there any way to free up such space or is there a way to aquire more space?

WHAAAAATTTTT? 110 MB is next to nothing. You mean to say you have NO free space on your hard drive? No wonder you are getting "slow script" errors. You desperately need to either clean up a LOT of stuff off your drive, or get a bigger drive.

OP
C
Reaction score
Apparently I have 19.09 GB on HD2 and 66.06 GB on HD 1. I tried dragging the the safari 4.1.3. dmg to the HD 1 icon and it says cannot modify. Not sure how to try installing this on HD 1? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

C

chas_m

Bottom line: you have two problems.

1. You are using a very old version of the OS. You really need to update that if possible, or start saving up for a newer machine if that's not possible.

2. It sounds like HD 1 (I have no idea what you've done there, or which partition is the boot drive) is messed up. You need to run some repair and diagnostics (start with Disk Utility).

OP
C
Reaction score
Would I have to uninstall safari from the dmg archive and then download the updated version again and install that the proper way?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
A .dmg is a Disk Image. You double-click on it to mount the image as if it were a disk. Then, inside that disk, find the Safari application or installer. If it is the application. it will have a note that tells you to drag the application to your hard drive's Applications folder. If it's an installer, it will likely look like a box and you double-click on that to run the installer - which puts the application where it should be.
After properly installing, you eject the .dmg disk (you can drag the icon to the trash for this).

Hope this helps.

OP
C
Reaction score
How do I find the disk image?What do I have to click on in order to find it?

OP
C
Reaction score
I figured it out, but when I get to the part of the install where it asks which drive do I want to out it on, it says the following: HD1= You cannot install Safari on this volume. This update requires security update 2009-005. Then on HD2= You cannot install Safari on this volume. This update requires Mac OS X 10.4.11. Not sure what to do next?

C

chas_m

You DESPERATELY need to get your system in order. I'd start by doing a complete backup, followed by a run with Disk Utility, then visit your neglected pal Software Update and install EVERYTHING it says to. Then a reboot. If HD2 also has a bootable system, I'd repeat the process booted from HD2.

OP
C
Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question, but what do you mean by a complete back up? Also not sure how to go about accessing disk utility? Sorry, if I sound dumb. I am not trying to be a nuisance . I am not the most knowledegable about this kind of stuff

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.