Is it worth getting an iPhone 4s if you already have an iTouch?

Reaction score
First off, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I couldn't find any other places to discuss about iPhones.

Anyway, here's my dilemma:
I don't know whether or not I should get the iPhone 4s or an android phone, specifically the Samsung Galaxy SII. The problem I always have when it comes to getting an iPhone is that I already have an iPod Touch 3rd gen. I feel like I'd just be buying the same product again with the exception of being able to make phone calls. Is the iPhone 4s that much of a better choice over an android phone? Not price-wise, because the price of both phones with a 2-year plan is the same. I'm with AT&T if that matters. I know answers will probably be biased since I am on a Mac forum, but all opinions will be appreciated, thank you! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Unless you really need the phone side of things attached to an iPod Touch, then I don't think it's worth the outlay. The touch does everything the iPhone does except the calls.
Android phones like the Samsung are excellent now too, in fact better than the iPhone in many ways.
I'd stick with what your used to, unless you want to save having 2 devices to carry around, after all, they do weigh a ton :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Unless you really need the phone side of things attached to an iPod Touch, then I don't think it's worth the outlay. The touch does everything the iPhone does except the calls.

True! Although I do find myself using the functions more with the iPhone than I ever did with the touch. That said, it's likely because I simply have the thing in my pocket more often.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
For me it is worth it not to have to carry multiple devices. What I did was give my iPod Touch to my daughter and replaced it and my phone with an iPhone.

I actually ended up replacing three devices with one, because I ditched my old Palm Tungsten at the same time. Now, I have pockets again. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I don't believe the Touch has Siri.
The Touch does not have the processor the 4s has (gaming and other things ) if thats important.
Although the Galaxy has better specs on paper the You Tube videos show the iPhone as being faster if thats important to you.
If you own an Apple TV then you have mirroring capability.
If you own several Apple devices then it makes it a cinch to communicate and share.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Wouldn't buying an Android phone in essence be the same as buying the same product over again? Different OS, sure, but from a very simplistic functionality standpoint, they both play music and have apps. If you like the functionality of your iPod touch and are happy with it, then getting an Android wouldn't make any sense at all. You'd be carrying two devices; managing apps on two devices and even paying twice in some instances; and have differing "experiences" in usability. Getting an iPhone would eliminate all that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
I was in your boat a few months ago and I went with the iPhone 4S right when it came out and am completely happy. Although IOS is getting a little long in the tooth to me from always having an iPod touch. By this point if you want Android, why not Galaxy Nexus?

OP
R
Reaction score
I was in your boat a few months ago and I went with the iPhone 4S right when it came out and am completely happy. Although IOS is getting a little long in the tooth to me from always having an iPod touch. By this point if you want Android, why not Galaxy Nexus?

Isn't Galaxy Nexus with Verizon only? I'm with AT&T

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I bought my first iPhone because I saw an opportunity to consolidate 2 devices into one. I carried a Motorola RAZR and a Palm Pilot Tungsten T. I'm happy that I have one item that does what I did with two, and that does it using a common interface. If you want less "stuff" to carry around, it's probably a good idea. If you don't care, then perhaps it isn't?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.