Boot osx on G3 Powerbook

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Pardon my ignorance as until recently I hadn't used a Mac extensively since the first iMacs that my middle school had.

I have a G3 Powerbook (Wallstreet) that has OSx 10.3 installed on it. Iirc, last time I was messing around with it I set it into os9 compatibility mode or some such. Now the computer only boots os9.

How do I get it back to OSX? I tried holding cmd and x on startup but it just boots os9.

Also, anyone know of a wifi card still sold for these things?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

If the hard drive is over 8GB, it was necessary to partition the hard drive when you installed Panther OS X.3. When booted go into Disk Utility and see what is reported regarding the OS X partition. Maybe holding down Option on boot will give you the opportunity to boot into OS X.

As far as Airport cards go, they take the Original Apple Airport Card which is version 802.11b so it would be pretty slow and unable to access WPA networks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.