Problems with GTA San Andreas on MacBook Pro with Xbox Controller

Reaction score
Hello!

I am new here and I am looking for some advice on a problem I have been having with my MacBook Pro.

I bought GTA San Andreas with the idea that I will play with my xbox controller using the Xbox 360 wireless connecter for pc. (that works on mac)

I have downloaded the driver, and it is recognizing my controller fine, and all the buttons work on the preferences page.

When I get into the game, I change my settings to joystick and try to play. I continually spin in circles without pressing anything. All the keys are default and I have changed nothing.

Anybody experienced this problem or know the solution?

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I deleted your duplicate thread. Please just post one thread per topic. Thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I wish I could help. I am a big GTA fan and love Vice City and San Andreas. I have been using a Logitech USB controller that looks more like a PS3 controller than XBox one and had no issues, but that is in Vice City. I have San Andreas. I will give that a try with the controller and get back to you. It might be something strange with the San Andreas port to OSX itself and USB controllers.

In Vice City you have to have a controller for the helicopter missions, but never used one in SA.

Will report back later.

Reaction score
i am having exactly the same problem did you find a solution? or are you still stuck? plea help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.