iphone 3g bricked

Reaction score
i updated my 3g on 11/18 and backed up. no problems until 11/28. powered phone off and when i powered it back on it was stuck on the apple. i have tried restore both normal and DFU mode. in itunes it goes through restore fine but is still stuck on the apple. from what i have read this seems to happen because of the update and most can restore their phone. i have had no such luck. apple techs could not do it either. is this phone bricked for good? is apple honoring phones that are out of warranty? i understand they have replaced some due to this problem. any ideas??
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
What did you upgrade your 3G to? Were you using any jailbreaking software?

OP
A
Reaction score
i went to backup the phone and i tunes said there is an update to install. that was 11/18/11 so i assume it was osi5. didnt even pay attention as my intent was just to backup. no jail break.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
i went to backup the phone and i tunes said there is an update to install. that was 11/18/11 so i assume it was osi5. didnt even pay attention as my intent was just to backup. no jail break.

Well if you have iOS 5 on it, then you don't have a 3G. It'd be a 3GS or later. In any event, since the phone was working fine for a few days after you updated it, it's unlikely that the update had anything to do with the problems you are having. My best guess is that something on the circuit board may have failed. You could send it in to iResQ. They offer a free diagnostic service with repair quotes.
iPhone Repair Service | Apple iPhone Repair | iPhone 3G Repair

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.