Replacing top case on brand new MacBook Air

Reaction score
A customer brought in a brand new MacBook Air (1.6GHz A1370) to the computer repair shop I work at. They spilled wine on it and now it won't turn on. I removed the logic board and could see no sign of liquid damage, which leads me to wonder if maybe just the keyboard died. Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding the part online since it shares the same model number as the late 2010 models. Does anyone know if the top case is compatible between the new and previous lineup?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding the part online since it shares the same model number as the late 2010 models. Does anyone know if the top case is compatible between the new and previous lineup?

Do you have part numbers for both the 2011 and 2010 MacBook Air top cases? If the part numbers are the same...then the parts are the same & should be compatible.

By the way...as you mentioned...these two models do share the same A1370 designator...but they do have different "EMC" numbers and model ID's. The:

- 2010 1.6ghz MBA is EMC 2393 and MacBook Air 3,1
- 2011 1.6ghz MBA is EMC 2471 and MacBook Air 4,1

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.