unibody damage

Reaction score
So my macbook pro fell off my couch and dented the front left corner and now as a result of the dent the surface of the unibody bubbled up a bit and it hits the screen when i close my computer. if i replace the body unibody will it void my 3 year warranty?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, replacing the unibody at your cost will not void your warranty. You might want to take it on in to Apple and get an estimate from them of the cost before deciding to repair it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
It may, because the battery will have to come out and that is technically not a user replaceable part. It also has a security type sticker on it stating not to remove the battery.

Like stated by chscag above, I would agree that a stop at Apple would be the best first step before undertaking this on your own.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.