Airplay Problems

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and hope to get some advice on my issues:
I should first mention that everything in my system was working as it should several days ago, however, due to an ISP upgrade I received a new Cisco Wirelss Router, Model: DPC3825.
After going through all the setup I established an internet connection to my PC laptop running Vista and my Ipad 2. I also have an Airport Express in another room which I have to stream music to a stereo. I also have a Pioneer VSX 1021 Receiver (airplay capable) directly connected to the Cisco modem via a Lan Line.

My current situation is this:
IPAD to internet works.
IPAD Itunes to Airport Express works.
Ipad2 App. Icontrol AV2 (used to wirelessly control Pioneer VSX 1021 amp) works great.
IPAD on all apps however, does not display VSX 1021 as an Airplay Option like it did with my old router.

Pioneer Receiver VSX 1021 can access Internet radio via the a/m APP and manually, however, does not appear on IPAD or Laptop ITUNES as an available airplay option.

HP Laptop running Vista which is connected both wirelessly and a Lan line to Cisco Modem is connected to internet.
Itunes on Laptop shows only Airport Express as an Airplay option, no VSX 1021 present apprears, however, even when I try to connect to the Airport Express displayed, I get an error message of (-15000).

I have gone through all the re-booting efforts of everything involved. Spoken at length to an Apple Technician, my ISP tech and a Cisco tech, all of whom can't figure it out.

Given that everything was working prior to the modem upgrade I have to believe it has something to do with the CISCO.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...........
Thanks,

Reaction score
i signed up here just to say i have the exact problem.

same new router + the vsx 1026-k :Grimmace:

looks like the router/modem will have to be changed

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
No help here other than to repeat the obvious, that the issue appears to be the router.

Sorry can't be of more help and welcome to the Forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I am new to the forum and hope to get some advice on my issues:
I should first mention that everything in my system was working as it should several days ago, however, due to an ISP upgrade I received a new Cisco Wirelss Router, Model: DPC3825.
After going through all the setup I established an internet connection to my PC laptop running Vista and my Ipad 2. I also have an Airport Express in another room which I have to stream music to a stereo. I also have a Pioneer VSX 1021 Receiver (airplay capable) directly connected to the Cisco modem via a Lan Line.

My current situation is this:
IPAD to internet works.
IPAD Itunes to Airport Express works.
Ipad2 App. Icontrol AV2 (used to wirelessly control Pioneer VSX 1021 amp) works great.
IPAD on all apps however, does not display VSX 1021 as an Airplay Option like it did with my old router.

Pioneer Receiver VSX 1021 can access Internet radio via the a/m APP and manually, however, does not appear on IPAD or Laptop ITUNES as an available airplay option.

HP Laptop running Vista which is connected both wirelessly and a Lan line to Cisco Modem is connected to internet.
Itunes on Laptop shows only Airport Express as an Airplay option, no VSX 1021 present apprears, however, even when I try to connect to the Airport Express displayed, I get an error message of (-15000).

I have gone through all the re-booting efforts of everything involved. Spoken at length to an Apple Technician, my ISP tech and a Cisco tech, all of whom can't figure it out.

Given that everything was working prior to the modem upgrade I have to believe it has something to do with the CISCO.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...........
Thanks,
You could always get a third party wireless router and run it in bridge mode
thats what I do with a 2wire 3800 for Uverse since airplay was flakey at best
then I got an Airport Extreme to control all my wireless and AirTunes to 2 Airport Express's.

Reaction score
reverted to an older router/combo and all is well.

cisco router is epic.

got a friend who works on hometheatre setups for a living and he says that cisco routers are incompatible with a lot of stuff...

using an smc router/modem

Reaction score
Same Issues

Before my move, I was using a Belkin router and the airplay feature on my Pioneer vsx-1021-k worked seamlessly. No connection or streaming issues. Now that I've signed up with Uverse, I can't seem to get a consistent connection to airplay. AT&T provided me with a 2Wire gateway wireless router. At first, airplay was working fine with no issues. But then a few days later when I tried to connect to airplay, the icon no longer was available on the apps I had running. iPod, slacker radio, pandora or iHeart radio. No luck whatsoever. So I started tweaking around with the router to see if maybe the settings were incorrect. I did notice that the router was only b/g and it was only 2.4ghz. After doing alot of searching, I've read that some people have complained about connection issues related to the 2.4 frequency. That is bad news for me since the router is a single band. So I tried opening up the port just in case the firewall was blocking it. That didn't work. I have found one thing to have pretty much worked 95% of the time and that is to reboot the router. Yes it's very annoying and takes up to 5 minutes to have everything back up. But it's an almost guaranteed fix for the time being. I don't know if it's the firewall or the frequency or maybe a combination of both. So far today, the airplay icon is still showing on my iPhone 4. But if this continues further, I will try to bridge my belkin router into the Uverse system.

Reaction score
Fix = type of wireless encryption

If you are using WPA2 Personal with will not work on just AES encryption - you must use both TKIP or AES setting - just make sure your connection settings on the router are like this:

Security Mode: WP2 Personal
Encryption: TKIP or AES (NOT just AES)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.