Powermac G3 Video Card?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 Mac Pro 3,1: 3.2Ghz octo
Is there a special type of video card that goes into a powermac G3 B+W? or will most any PCI video card work? The story goes that I got this G3 with A Bad CPU, no power supply, No cd-drive, and no hard drives. I then Bought A CPU on ebay, Modified an ATX power supply for it, Installed cd/hard drives into it, but as of now I am using the video card from my good B+W.

I was hoping that at least some kind of really cheap video card would work $5-$10 Preferably.

-Eddie :Mischievous:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Man...I sure hope that everything you installed in this computer was free...because those old B&W Powermac G3's are worth next to nothing...and I do mean next to nothing!:( They certainly don't have the "cuteness" factor of G3 iMac's!;)

Like "MacDude121" mentioned...you are pretty much are limited to the video cards that shipped with the B&W Powermac G3's originally. These computers had a 66mhz PCI slot for the video card...and when Apple released the Powermac G4...they mostly went to an AGP video slot (only a couple of the VERY early PM G4's had the PCI slot...and these models used the same video card as the B&W PM G3's).

- Nick

OP
Familyguy9877
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 Mac Pro 3,1: 3.2Ghz octo
Man...I sure hope that everything you installed in this computer was free

Everything was indeed free except for the CPU which cost me a whopping $12.00 US :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.