Networking Mac Mini and Windows 7 machine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini PowerPC G4 Mac OS X 10.5.8 120 GIG HDD Ethernet
I am currently looking for some tutorials via google for networking between my mac mini and my Windows 7 machine which is currently in the study. Anyone successfully been up to get a Mac machine to be able to read shared directories from a Windows 7 machine over home network?
It will be a cabled network as my mac mini does not have an Airport card (wireless technology).

Any advice on what to ensure to get the two computers over the network to be able to read each-other?

C

chas_m

On the mac, you should need to do ... nothing. It will just "see" the shared folders (in the finder window sidebar under "Shared") if the Windows sharing is set up correctly.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You were right. :) Surprisingly did it out of luck this morning and it worked. Means I can watch a few videos over the network that I have on my Windows 7 machine. :)

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The shared pc disappeared again. I can't work out for the life of me why it keeps disappearing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.