Trojan from Adobe Flash Player

Reaction score
How can I detect that I have that trojan on my MBP?

I downloaded AFP first time on 14th Oct 2011. Then it mysteriously disappeared. So I downloaded it second time on 2nd Nov 2011.

BTW My MBP runs fine, no problems. I'm just asking because many of mac users have got that trojan.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Which trojan and what makes you think you have it?

If you downloaded Flash from Adobe, the plugin will not have been tainted. That said, the problems with Flash come with how you use it.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Thanks for the link. I have no doubt that a trojan may masquerade as Flash - that's why I pointed out that getting it from Adobe is the best route.

I love this part:
The Trojan looks and acts like any typical Mac installer package--in fact, if you have the "Open 'safe' files after downloading" box checked in Safari, the installer will open automatically.
You have to love that Safari "feature."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Thanks for the link. I have no doubt that a trojan may masquerade as Flash - that's why I pointed out that getting it from Adobe is the best route.

I love this part:You have to love that Safari "feature."

The link itself states to make sure you only download flash from adobe. Nuff said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15" i7 2.2 8GB ram late 2011, Ipod touch 4g 8GB,Ipad 2 16GB
hackers should be hung they just cause damage and stress but the sad thing is they are mostly people who were bullied at school / college and gets a sense of power and control by making people feel how they do sad really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
hackers should be hung they just cause damage and stress but the sad thing is they are mostly people who were bullied at school / college and gets a sense of power and control by making people feel how they do sad really.

I think the amount of government backed hacking (aka cyber warfare) would likely surprise most people ;)

BTW, building a trojan? Meh, hardly worthy of the hacking moniker IMO.. that said, people NEED to be more careful about where they source their software. Almost every machine I've ever seen infected with any kind of malware/viruses/etc has been the ABSOLUTE FAULT of the user. Directly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15" i7 2.2 8GB ram late 2011, Ipod touch 4g 8GB,Ipad 2 16GB
I think the amount of government backed hacking (aka cyber warfare) would likely surprise most people ;)

BTW, building a trojan? Meh, hardly worthy of the hacking moniker IMO.. that said, people NEED to be more careful about where they source their software. Almost every machine I've ever seen infected with any kind of malware/viruses/etc has been the ABSOLUTE FAULT of the user. Directly.

true i dont think most people understand how dangerous the web can be but yeah if you download any updates programs ect always get it from the mfr site to minimize any corruption but if hackers were not around alot of stress and hassle wold be avoided but causing stress and hassle is part of why hacker hack.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.