Active Cal Icon for Google Calendar

Reaction score
I used Fluid to make an app for my calendar and now it is on my dock. (YAY)
I used the iCal icon for it because the imported icon I used didn't seem to work. Either way it would have the same issue - the icon is just a picture of a flip calendar stuck on July 17. Is there any way to make it show today's date? Or should I just get a more generic looking icon?

I should add that I've had this Mac for less than 24 hours and I am a complete noob at this!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Fluid is a trimmed down web browser window and nothing more. As such, the Fluid app you created is little more than a shortcut. Because of this, it is not an app in the traditional sense and can't therefore make sense of the date. In other words, it will never be able to change the date.

If you'd like, you can set up GCal in iCal if you'd like. See the instructions here.

OP
D
Reaction score
I was afraid of that. Thanks. I thought I read that the sync with google and iCal is one way -stuff entered on Google gets updated to iCal but not the other way around.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
There are some issues right now that Google has acknowledge (read about it here). Mainly, deleting events from iCal has been disabled temporarily but you can still do it manually on the website.

As always though, you could always just stickt to Fluid or use a browser.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks. I think I'll just use a generic icon or get used to the July 17th date and stick with google calender. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.