SwitchEasy Capsule Rebel not exactly fitting a white 4S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Macbook Pro 17 inch 16gigs RAM i7 - iPhone 6 Plus - 27 inch Thunderbolt Display - iPad Air 2
*In short the silent switch doesn't line up and it's not a defect in the case..here's my tale...

So I needed a case for my phone bc I was using the Incipio Bombproof in green for my 4 and it was great but I wanted something more sleek for the 4S, I saw Carlos on YouTube got his white 4S a SwitchEasy Capsule Rebel which was updated for either the 4 or 4S. It had a sweet design, came with a ton of extras and had some great colors. So I got a white one for a steal on Amazon for $13.99, payed for expedited shipping bc the case is usually $27.99 or something so it was a good deal.

Anyways the case was really tight fitting which worried me getting it on (I have plenty of experience with cases) and when it was on it was pretty tight. All buttons match up except for the silent switch above the volume buttons. The space for it is the right size but its moved up slightly to the point where a little bit of the button isn't showing but it's still workable. It's strange bc the volume controls seem to be right on and I'm having no issues with anything else. Anyone else have this issue? Shouldn't a 4 case be the same for a 4S?? The white iPhone is a little thicker I've heard but this is bigger long ways, odd.

Should everyone reboot their line of cases to make it 4S specific white/black?

Photo on 12-1-11 at 10.43 AM.jpg

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
OP
AppleRecords
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Macbook Pro 17 inch 16gigs RAM i7 - iPhone 6 Plus - 27 inch Thunderbolt Display - iPad Air 2
Wow that is odd. My boss had a plain clear back case for his 4 and i tried it and it had the same issue, the silent button was off. Is my phone longer than everyone else's?

OP
AppleRecords
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
otherwise GREAT case though. It still fits and I'm using it but it's just that one thing that I'm not going to look into much further, its not affecting much right now. But between the 2 piece case, 2 screen protectors, 2 sets of dock plugs, 2 dock adapters, squeegee, stand thing, and a microfiber...for $13.99?!!! and the case has great protection and looks killer.

Wonder what the heck happened with the way it fits mine though? My 4 and 4S line up the same as far as height I think.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Did you buy it directly from SwitchEasy? 13.99 is less then what I remember paying for mine - by about half - I think. Maybe it's an imitation - or one for a different model that someone was able to buy in bulk cheap? The models aren't all the same price as I recall.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's also worth mentioning that what you see in my picture is actually 2 different cases - one black and one white. As you can see - they both had the opening in the right spot and at the correct dimensions.

OP
AppleRecords
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
got it from Amazon, came in the same packaging and all that i've seen in unboxing vids and reviews..I have no idea, prob manufactures mistake?

Would be awesome if for some reason my iPhone is taller than the rest haha but I doubt it.

I wish Apple would consider making one that is like an inch or half inch taller, that would be kind of bizarre but awesome looking.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm really thinking you got one for a different model phone - one that isn't designed to accommodate both the 4|4S. That price is half of what I paid for each case.

OP
AppleRecords
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It said 4 right on the packaging and the price was low because I got it on Amazon. I've got cases through there for less than half price before for whatever reason. I always go there first. Yeah I saw you had the black and the white, the black looks so mean, the spine part is so sick. I loved the green too but it was $18.99 so I went with white for less.

I'm not a novice or anything, definitely got the right phone case, it's just strange its a little off. I've gotten killer deals on Amazon before for Incipio which was $27.99 down to $14 I think? Check it out, they have all cases at a crazy discount. All the packaging was legit too, all sealed, in the same way I've seen other people get theirs.

OP
AppleRecords
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
maybe it was for a Verizon one or a Sprint? Mines ATT, would that matter though?

OP
AppleRecords
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It seems from what I've read that Switcheasy acknowledged the issue with only the White version of this case and they are taking exchanges for different colors. Great. The 1 case I wanted and the 1 color that doesn't work with the white 4S can't be used...awesome. Green it is. Thanks everyone and if you have the same issue contact Switcheasy through their site.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.