Need Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
08 MBP 2.4 Ghz 3gb Ram 500Gb Hard Drive
I am trying to sign up to the Apple Developer Program but because of my age i can't join but i am a really talented programmer i'm kind of the guy you see in the movies like he can hack anything but back to the point because i really want to be honest when i sign up for this program is there still any legal way to bypass this age restriction ?

Thanks In Advance;D

Andri

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Thought After 100+ Views I Would Get Some Answers

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I Thought After 100+ Views I Would Get Some Answers

The reason why you're NOT getting any answers is you're asking us for advice on how to do something illegal!!! We do not do that here!!!

- Nick

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Actually Asked If There Was Some "Legal" Way To Do It

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Actually Asked If There Was Some "Legal" Way To Do It

That's like asking if there's a legal way to rob a bank! An age restriction is an age restriction...that's why it's a restriction.

- Nick

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok Thanks Still

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok Thanks Still

I understand your frustration. I'm sure you're very intelligent and talented...and age really shouldn't be a barrier to moving forward with your goals & interests.

But unfortunately...I'm sure the age restriction is there for a very good reason (probably something legal related).

In many countries before a specific age you cannot legally:

- vote
- join the military
- get married
- drive a car
- etc.

The age restriction for the Apple Developer Program is just another one of these things. You could always try contacting someone at the Apple Developer Program...explain your situation...and see if they can make some sort of exception.

Good luck,:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
There are age restrictions because in many countries, including the US, you have to be of a certain age to be able to sign and be held accountable to the terms in contracts.

This paragraph of the agreement:

1. Relationship With Apple; Apple ID and Password. You understand and agree that by becoming a Registered Apple Developer, no legal partnership or agency relationship is created between you and Apple. Neither you nor Apple is a partner, an agent or has any authority to bind the other. You agree not to represent otherwise. You also certify that you are of the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside (at least 18 years of age in many countries) and you represent that you are legally permitted to become a Registered Apple Developer. This Agreement is void where prohibited by law and the right to become a Registered Apple Developer is not granted in such jurisdictions. Unless otherwise agreed or permitted by Apple in writing, you cannot share or transfer any benefits you receive from Apple in connection with being a Registered Apple Developer. The Apple ID and password you use to login as a Registered Apple Developer cannot be shared in any way or with any one. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Apple ID and password and for any activity in connection with your account. Notwithstanding the foregoing restrictions in this Section 1, if you are the parent or legal guardian of individuals between the ages of 13 and the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside, you may allow such individuals to share your Apple ID and password for their use solely under your supervision and only in accordance with this Agreement. You are responsible for such individuals’ compliance with and violations of this Agreement and any other Apple agreements.

should answer all of your questions. If you're below the age of the legal majority in your country, you can't enter into the contract on your own. If you're between the ages of 13 and the age of majority, you can get your parent or legal guardian to create an account for you to use. Talent and self opinions mean nothing in terms of contract law. I am no legal expert, but this type of clause is in most contracts that I have ever seen (including credit card contracts) - so it's best to follow it and if you're within the age range that you can get your parent or guardian to set it up, then do it that way. If you're below 13, then only your parent or guardian can have the legal right to upload or modify or access the account associated with the developer account.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So if i get my legal guardian to make the account can i then make like apps or something only my legal guardian has to approve of it??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.