Citrix login

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP mid-'15, 16GB RAM, Big Sur
I have two Windows PCs that will allow me to log onto Citrix [through my work account], however, my MBP won't allow me on (to the same access level) -- does this sound like it is a problem with the MBP/Apple/Safari format issue or the settings through work?

It switches to a tab entitled, 'Client for Java Connection Center' and gives me an error msg stating, 'a local security certificate could not be loaded (error code 7).

----
P.S. Citrix is a site that allows access to various protected information.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You will need to get the citrix online plug in

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
You may be able to use either the Online PLugin or Citrix Receiver.

Since Citrix is not very clear in their marketing it can be easy to get confused as to which you need, want or can even use.

The Mac App store has a version of the Citrix Receiver which in it self is a bundle of Online Plugins.

There is also another Citrix Receiver client on the Citrix site v11.x that is also a bundle of plugins but a completely different product than that of the App Store due to Apple App Store policies.

The base online plug in is meant for browser access only and will allow you to launch Citrix apps from a published website.

I recommend the Receiver providing your existing Citrix infrastructure supports it. I think the only Citrix product that doesn't out of the box is Citrix Fundamentals.

OP
T'Pring
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP mid-'15, 16GB RAM, Big Sur
Whoa

I thought Macs were supposed to be easier to use! Both my Windows machines downloaded the necessary software and got right in Citrix, No Problems at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Perhaps you businesses Citrix environment is older. Citrix had older ICA clients for Macs but they were not very slick.

You had to download an ICA file and then have it open with the ICA client to connect to the Citrix app.

If it is a more recent version of Citrix then the admin would need to enable the Java plug in order for it to work with Macs as the Native Plugin might still be an ActiveX control which does not work with Mac.

If it is a current version of Citrix then there should be a Mac plugin available from the companies Citrix site and it just needs to be installed and the site refreshed.

Macs are easy, Citrix is not. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.