buffalo NAS connection

Reaction score
Hi,

I've taken the plunge and moved from the windows world to MAC, picked up my mac pro but i've noticed my buffalo NAS takes over 5 minutes to show up in finder, this is causing issues when running e.g. iTunes as the library is importing music from the NAS.

Is this a Lion bug or am i doing something wrong

thanks help most appreciated

Migzy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Buffalo products are godawful.

That being said, is there any available firmware updates for the NAS?

Are you connecting to it via AFP or SMB?

OP
M
Reaction score
linkstation duo nas is on the latest firmware 1.54,

i connected using smb 1st time round, ie. smb//192.168.0.6 but then the NAS popped up by itself in finder with the NAS name LS-WXL.

is there a proper procedure for permanent conenctions or it is just slow. A cooleague also advised to connect via the airport express as mac's are problematic when connecting to netgear routers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
I would say five minutes is a long time to connect to anything, especially on the same LAN.

The buffalo site says that the device supports Time Machine so I gotta think it supports AFP.

Try connecting via AFP://ipaddress/share to see if the initial connection improves.

Otherwise you can use an Automator Application script to auto connect for you on login.

OP
M
Reaction score
problem solved, delved into the buffalo settings a bit deeper, under network clicked on enable AFP, NAS shows up in finder every time after reboot no intervention required.

happy days, the speed it rocking as well.

thanks for ya help

migzy :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.