Should I Switch?

Reaction score
My wife and I are Blackberry users. I really love the way that the Blackberry keyboard feels, and the overall functionality of Blackberry. I do not have many apps on my Blackberry. I mainly use it for calls, texts, emails, and pics. I love how fast and simple it is to access and use those areas that I just mentioned. I want to know how accessible the iphone is with those areas, as well as some of the other stuff that would get me over the hump to make the switch to Apple.

Just say that I wound up getting my wife the new IPhone, would I have to follow up with getting her an Apple computer, wether it be a MacBook or IMac or IPad at the same time or shortly thereafter?

Thanks,
MCNJ

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD

Honestly, three minutes between posts is a little impatient . . . Especially with these sorts of generic, "Should I . . ." posts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
I have been on a corporate Blackberry since 2007. I have used 5 different models of BB since then. There is nothing wrong with BB, if my company didnt castrate our plans, I would still be on it for my personal stuff too, however...

A questions though, if you have no issues with BB and you are used to it, what is making you think about switching to an iPhone?

As to having to get a new Apple computer because you get an iPhone, no. There is nothing that will require you to get an Apple computer just because you get an iPhone.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The best answer I can give, is if you are currently Happy with your Blackberry, then stick with it.

As far as the rest, yes, getting an iPhone is a slippery slope. It often leads to future Apple purchases.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Honestly, three minutes between posts is a little impatient . . . Especially with these sorts of generic, "Should I . . ." posts.

+1 - actually, I would not have responded if I saw that...

OP
M
Reaction score
Yo

If You're gonna reply, at least reply with some pertinent information.
MCNJ
in da house

OP
M
Reaction score
That's More Like It

Thanks Razor.... Youse other peeps gotz to calmdown and lighten up ust a little.
Peace
MCNJ
all day

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If You're gonna reply, at least reply with some pertinent information.
MCNJ
in da house

Don't know if this was addressed to me or not, but if so, both of my posts were very pertinent, whether they were specifically what you were looking for or not.

Again, patience seems to not be your strong suit. I don't type all that fast, and it does take me a while to respond.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27" 1TB, 16Gig Ram
Switch!!! Isn't BB dead or nearly dead?

C

chas_m

Millions upon millions of people still use Blackberry. There's nothing wrong with its fundamentals, and that's what a lot of people need/use, plus all their email is "secure," which is what makes it a favourite with politicians and business types.

The company is going through some pretty awful mismanagement at the moment (they made the mistake of thinking they could compete with Apple/Google instead of sticking to their core audience's needs), but hopefully they will survive. I like Apple products and have no interest in BB, but the world needs more competition and diversity of ideas, not less.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.