• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple ID...Support is of no help.

Reaction score
So I would first like to start off by saying hello to everyone as I am new here and look forward to learning more about the Mac and join in on some discussions as well.

Alright now here is the issue...

I recently tried logging on to iTunes to purchase an app from the store and was prompted to enter my email and my password as usual. I did so and it said my information did not match! I know it was correct as I have never changed my password since I made my account over 2 years ago. So I go to iForgot and enter my email for them to send me my new password and account information but my reset password never arrived ( I have tried sending to my email several times and even tried my old emails as well) so after checking the spam folder and looking for my new password I still could not find it. So i went to the next stage and filled in my first and last name as well as my email(s) and it says that this information is not on file! I even tried reseting my password by trying to answer my secret question (which is my birthday) and it said that was incorrect as well! So now I'm stuck, I cannot access my account and I am out over 1000 apps and many songs! I do not wish to make a new account as I want my purchases! Oh and check out the last email I got from apple support over 3 days ago and they have yet to reply (just the last reply out of 5)...

Hello,

It's April again from iTunes. I hope you are having a good day despite the issue at hand. Thank you for getting back to me on this issue. Your patience is highly appreciated.

In order to make sure this gets looked into thoroughly, I've consulted with a senior advisor. I'd asked what was possible to resolution for this, and he advised the following:

-Please try again after 24 hours or you can try creating a new Apple ID using a new email address.
-I don't think deauthorizing would help since we really don't have an account in our system yet.
-Log all the way off and then back on again and see what happens, maybe you only got that message one time and you can type it correctly and it'll go thru.

I hope this helps. Have a nice day!

To which I replied (kinda of upset by now)

Well I have no idea whats going on. I have tried everything to access my account and it seems like there is an internal error with your servers as my account is stated to exist, yet I cannot log into my account nor does any information for my account get sent to my email address. I would hate to be forced to make a new account as I would lose all my purchased apps and music.

If there is nothing you can do about it then I guess I have no other choice then to make a new account.

Thanks for your assistance.

Now I was hoping for a reply but I guess they don't care :(

So has anyone encountered this type of situation before? If so what did you do?

Thanks a lot guys!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I would see if I could find a phone number of someone I could talk to first of all.

Then I would:
1) have them confirm that you have an account and own the APPs etc (it would help if you still have some of your iTunes email receipts)
2) assuming they confirm that your account and purchases exist I would ask them to do one of the following
a) open a case and provide the case number for them to resolve THEIR problem
b) open a new account and gift/transfer my purchases
Or
c) give a full refund so you can do it yourself

OP
A
Reaction score
Well I guess I am out of luck then as I never held on to any of my receipts....well I guess I'm going to Droid then!

Thanks. ;D

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Well I guess I am out of luck then as I never held on to any of my receipts....well I guess I'm going to Droid then!

Thanks. ;D

I wouldn't give up just yet. The receipts help as they are proof and provide order numbers for the tech to search on, but not absolutely necessary.

But, your choice if you want to move on. I have friends who have Droids who like them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Open iTunes and click on the Apps section on the left. Pick an app from the list on the right. Right-click on one and select Get Info. Does the account name match what you are now trying to use?

Reaction score
Wait, you tried the option to get a password reset and never got the confirmation email from Apple? Is it possible you've been hacked?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.