Windows contacts overwriting iPhone contacts

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have had my iPhone for a few years now and although upgraded to iOS5, I still backup and sync my contacts with my Windows Contacts list. I prefer to do this becuase I have a BlackBerry Device too, which needs to use that list.

My problem however is this:-

• From time to time I would, (as any normal cellphone user) update contacts on my iPhone e.g. I edited my Home number or changed an Email Address for my Uncle through my iPhone contacts.
  • Once I sync this with iTunes, what the sync does is it replaces my changes I made, with Information from my Windows contacts.
  • Although it doesn't delete any contacts, what it does is reverts back all the changes I made i.e. My Home number and Uncle's email.
So In other words, Windows contacts wins over any conflicts. How can I stop this from happening and letting my iPhone device do the updates and changes and not the Windows Contacts list?? I.e. When I make a change on my iPhone, it should overwrite any info on Windows on the next Sync.

Hope there is an easy solution out there.

Thanks guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.