virtual pc

K

kinaiahi61

I'm a new Mac convert and was wondering if something isn't Mac compatible, could it be run on virtual pc instead. I just got my G4ibook and my video camera that I was hoping to use with it isn't compatible. It says that I need windows. Large oversight on my part, but I don't want to part with the mac, so will virtual pc be able to take the sony driver and download video from my camera??? Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
What kind of camera is it?
It should work...

OP
K

kinaiahi61

Sony

DCraver said:
What kind of camera is it?
It should work...

Its a Sony DCR-IP220, and from what I found on the net, its not compatible with Macs, manual for the camera only references windows. Aloha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
it should work fine, have you tried it in imovie or bluetooth file utility? Macs usually don't need drivers from a cd, they're all installed, the CD you have is probably software to use with the camera that you don't need on a mac

OP
K

kinaiahi61

when I plug the firewire in, there is no recognition of the camera. I went to idvd to try and just burn what was on the camera, but nothing happened. I couldn't find anything that would recognize the camera, so I thought that the ibook couldn't recognize the sony. Then I saw on the net, its not mac compatible???? shouldn't something pop up or I be able to see something on the screen or somewhere recognizing the camera? Its the same with my HP printer, no mac driver for it either, its a v40xi, searched to no avail for a mac driver.

OP
K

kinaiahi61

I tried in imovie and its telling me "the attached camera uses a different video format than you project's format. To use this camera, disconnect any other tape-based cameres, then create a new, empty project." I just opened up new projects and its telling me this. The projects are new and empty, just don't think this'll work. Thanks for the input and help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.