How to access Keychain?

Reaction score
I'm trying to determine a password that's in my keychain. Is there a way to see it?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I'm trying to determine a password that's in my keychain. Is there a way to see it?

If you don't see the Keychain icon in your dock, go to applications and launch it (may be in Utilities sub folder) I'm not on my Mac right now to check.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Finder > Type in Keychain Access > Look for item you need check the box show password then it will prompt you for your user password once entered it will show it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Finder > Type in Keychain Access > Look for item you need check the box show password then it will prompt you for your user password once entered it will show it.

I don't see a "show password" box. Where is it?

OP
M
Reaction score
There is no "show password" button. You have to click the inspector button> "copy secret information" and paste somewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
In Finder when you type in what you are looking for in the upper right in your case Keychain Access then locate on the list the app double click said app then a new box will open in the bottom of the new box you check show password it will prompt you for your user password then show you the password for the application you highlighted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.