Mac OS X 10.5.8 2.4 GHz core duo

Reaction score
My IMAC used to display my desktop photos with the correct options under System Preferences ie Fill Screen,Fit to Screen, Centre, Tile and Stretch to fill screen. Now it will only display Fit to Screen. Most annoying. Anyone had this problem and managed to fix it please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
My IMAC used to display my desktop photos with the correct options under System Preferences ie Fill Screen,Fit to Screen, Centre, Tile and Stretch to fill screen. Now it will only display Fit to Screen. Most annoying. Anyone had this problem and managed to fix it please?

Most likely you have a corrupt preference file. Go to yourhomefolder/Library/Preferences

Find the file com.apple.desktop.plist and drag it to your Desktop. Then log out and back in. A number of your Desktop preferences will have been reset to the defaults, but hopefully that will fix it. If so, delete the original copy on the Desktop. If not, feel free to move it back and let us know so we can go from there.

OP
G
Reaction score
Desktop problem

Hello lifeisabeach, Thanks for your quick reply. I moved the com.apple.desktop plist as you suggested, restarted and it has worked. Many thanks,
George68

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.