New update IOS 5.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 4S, Iphone 3GS, 13'' Macbook Pro
So I've heard that the new update IOS5.1 just kick in, I've been really miserable and upset about the update IOS5.0.1 cause my iPhone 3GS battery is draining extremely fast.Just wanna know if anyone receive the update yet cuz I haven't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Only the beta is available at the moment. So only developers can get their hands on it officially, I believe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17"(2.8 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB mem), 21.5" Imac, 15" MBP (2.4 ghz) all running ML
I sure hope they fix the battery issue soon. It's weird. Sometimes phones go dead overnight or in a few hours. Other times they seem to hold the charge. And it doesn't seem to have affected my iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
You may need to do a hard reset of your iPhone. After reaching a full charge, unplug it and and check the usage log in a couple hours (make sure the screen is locked when not in use during that time), found in Settings > General > Usage at the bottom. If the Usage and Standby times are identical, you need to do a hard reset. Something is running continuously in the background that isn't supposed to be.

To do a hard reset, first press the home button and keep it held down. While holding that down, press the lock button up top and keep both of those pressed down until the Apple logo appears. Do not release before then! This takes perhaps 10 seconds. Your phone will then do a reboot that takes another 10-20 seconds perhaps. This should clear up the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
Great tip, thanks for that, lifeisabeach.

Cheers :)

Hugh

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 4S, Iphone 3GS, 13'' Macbook Pro
Thanks for all the replies, I've just restored my phone and it seems that there is a little bit of improvement.I still looking forward for the new update tho.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.