Updating my iphone

Reaction score
I updated my iphone today but did not read the fine print, and unfortunately lost all of my photos from my phone. I was wondering if they will still b anywhere on my mac? (archives???) I had them in iphoto but obviously they were deleted. I appreciate anyone who can help with this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
If they were in iPhoto on your Mac, then an update to your iPhone would have had ZERO impact on the contents of iPhoto.

OP
S
Reaction score
They weren't saved in my iphoto they just showed up there when I hooked my phone up to my mac. The only place they were saved on was my iphone. Might there still be a copy of them somewhere?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They weren't saved in my iphoto they just showed up there when I hooked my phone up to my mac. The only place they were saved on was my iphone. Might there still be a copy of them somewhere?

When you hook up your iPhone to the computer, iPhoto automatically launches if you have any photos in your camera roll and prompts you to import some, all, or none of them. The same as any other camera that gets plugged in. They are not actually in iPhoto unless you clicked on the Import button. I take it you have never done that.

Your only hope here is to restore your iPhone again from a backup that may still have those photos in them.
Restore your iPhone from Backup

OP
S
Reaction score
I guess I didn't do that but now I have found out it is not only my photos that were lost but now I have no music on my phone. It all shows up as being in the library but is not actually playing on the iphone, I also lost all my apps. Someone told me this is not normal. So i tried updating from the original back=up but the phone started backing up right away and only restored the stuff from 10 minutes ago. So I'm really frustrated. Thank you for trying to help...... Do u know of anything else I can do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I guess I didn't do that but now I have found out it is not only my photos that were lost but now I have no music on my phone. It all shows up as being in the library but is not actually playing on the iphone, I also lost all my apps. Someone told me this is not normal. So i tried updating from the original back=up but the phone started backing up right away and only restored the stuff from 10 minutes ago. So I'm really frustrated. Thank you for trying to help...... Do u know of anything else I can do?

That's definitely not normal. You are either doing something wrong, or something is dreadfully amiss here. I can only recommend calling Apple at this point to see if they can walk you through it. If you have an Apple Store nearby you can go to, make an appointment with the Genius Bar. If your backups are (or should be) on a laptop, bring that also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.