Raid setup/enclosure for my mini suggestions

Reaction score
So I just modded my mac 2011 mac mini to have an eSATA connection, and now am looking to use it. The mini is used as a media center/server for the house and currently has a bunch of WD myBooks attached to it. I am looking to get a RAID enclosure for all this media.

What enclosure should I get? Obviously, I am looking for redundancy so I wont lose any data. Currently I have just under 3TB of Movies/TV shows/Pics/Music/etc. I am also ripping all my DVDs (about 200-300).

What RAID configuration should I go with? I am torn between a RAID0+1 with 4 disks for mirroring or RAID5 with 5 disks, but am open to suggestions.

Thanks for all the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2019) 3.3 ghz 12-Core 96GB mem Vega Pro II
Don't have an inclosure recommendation, but in your situation I would go with RAID 5 as you will get more usable storage, good access speeds, and good redundancy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Don't have an inclosure recommendation, but in your situation I would go with RAID 5 as you will get more usable storage, good access speeds, and good redundancy.

Me too, unless.. that is.. your hardware supports RAID 6. In which case I'd go there. I'm not sure, however, just how available RAID 6 is in consumer devices.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.