Internet Malfunction after upgrade to OS 10.7.2 HEEEEELLLPPP!!

Reaction score
I really really need your help.

I have a new macbook pro 2011 I bought 2 weeks ago and I upgraded to 10.7.2 because I received a notification for a software upgrade.

After I did so, I noticed I am having problems connecting to the sites I usually visit before: megashare.info, mytvline.com, macrumors.com, etc.

Some of them would load after 10 refresh or so.

I know this is not a browser problem because the problem occur on both firefox and chrome and even safari. But once the page loads on one browser, it loads on the other.

I havent activated my time machne so i cant just revert back to my previous OS.

Please help me!!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That doesn't sound like something that 10.7.2 did. What are your DNS settings? System Preferences, Network, WiFi, Advanced, DNS tab, DNS Servers.

Copy the settings down and post here.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That is the default setting for your router and is probably grayed out. Add these settings and press apply:

OK your way out of System Preferences. Turn off your router for about one minute or so and turn it on again. After which, reboot your Mac.

Let us know if that helps.

OP
S
Reaction score
you're telling me to change my DNS from 192.168.0.1 to the google public dns?

How do I do that in Mac?

(sorry I know how in Windows but I am new in Mac)

thank you!

OP
S
Reaction score
update: I changed my dns (ran openbench) and it worked!
I hope it stays like this.

It's nice to know it's not a problem on the software's end or else i'll be sad since my mac is new.

thank you very much!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Many folks are unaware that the default DNS is set by their ISP. And, in most cases it varies from day to day or month to month. That's why no DNS servers showed up in your settings. Anyway, glad it worked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.