settings

Reaction score
is it too much to ask for apple to move the general settings to the top of the first settings page? not a huge deal but it is a little annoying having to scroll down to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
is it too much to ask for apple to move the general settings to the top of the first settings page? not a huge deal but it is a little annoying having to scroll down to it.

Yes, it is too much. The items on top are more frequently accessed by some people than others may be. Besides, why are you scrolling? The "General" settings section is right there at the bottom of the screen when you first open the app. No scrolling needed at all.

OP
S
Reaction score
not on the 4S it isn't. so you're telling me airplane mode, wi fi, personal hotspot, notifications, location services, carrier?, sounds, brightness, & wallpaper are all accessed more than software update, usage, & bluetooth? i hardly doubt it. i just thought it would make more sense to put the general settings at the top. maybe I'm just being lazy. siri may soon be able to handle the bluetooth on/off if the rumours are correct

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
not on the 4S it isn't. so you're telling me airplane mode, wi fi, personal hotspot, notifications, location services, carrier?, sounds, brightness, & wallpaper are all accessed more than software update, usage, & bluetooth? i hardly doubt it. i just thought it would make more sense to put the general settings at the top. maybe I'm just being lazy. siri may soon be able to handle the bluetooth on/off if the rumours are correct

Sure looks like it is to me. At least on my 4s.

Ohhhh and yea, for me.. I'll set Airplane Mode and change wifi more often than I ever go into software update or usage. I can't use personal hotspot (but I'd hit that about as often as software update if I could). Now bluetooth, I agree that should be right under wifi.

IMG_0378.PNG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.

I do have a 4S and I do not have to scroll to get to the General settings. ALTHOUGH... you mention 2 options, Personal Hotspot and Carrier, that aren't on my initial page at all. I take it that the first only appears if it's enabled, and the other on an unlocked phone? In that case, I'll cede the point. No one even uses the wallpaper section.

I'm looking forward to using Siri to turn on/off services like Bluetooth and wi-fi also, now that you mention it.

OP
S
Reaction score
im in Canada so maybe thats why carrier shows but no way that I've found to get rid of personal hotspot

photo.PNG

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.