Mac OS X can not be installed on this Computer!!

Reaction score
Hello
I am new in the forum but an 'old' mac user.
I have a black MacBook from 2007. It crashed in september but now I bought a new hard disk (should be compatible: HITACHI TravelstarZ7K320 320GB HDD). When I try to install leopard it says that Mac OS X can not be installed on this computer.

I tried to follow a nice instruction: (http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/macbook_13inch_harddrive_diy.pdf) and for a moment I thought that it will work - but the massage reappeared: Mac OS X can not be installed on this computer.

Does anyone know where I go wrong?
Thanks
Hanlou

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
It seems likely to me that you are using a gray restore/install DVD that came with some other model of Mac. Have I guessed correctly?
Gray disks only have the motherboard drivers for one specific model of Mac. Retail DVDs have all the support files for models of Mac made before the DVD was released.

Or, you haven't partitioned and erased/formatted the hard drive for Mac OS Extended, journaled?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
+1 What gsahli said. Have seen this numerous times. You will need to use the install CD that came with the machine or buy the Full Install DVD (which can be used on all Macs).

OP
H
Reaction score
Thank you gsahli and Mini_mi.
It seems that you found the right answer. I will try harder to find the original disk or by the full version!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 6GB 800MHz Ram, 1Tb, OSX 10.5.8
I have this prob as well, started as this http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os...ct-number-thread-records-cant-erase-disk.html
now I have managed to format the drive (extended journ) but am getting the above mentioned error. I have the original install disk that can with the machine, I have used Super duper to clone my other machine...that didnt work and so I have tried creating a bootable USB drive from a dmg of Snow Leopard and still having not of it with the above message :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.