APPLE MAIL Sending Issues

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Would really, really love to figure out this sending issue I am having...

I love apple mail but have been having A LOT of issues with it when sending mail after the application has been opened for a while.

Basically, after an hour or so of being opened (both using the app and not using the app), I am unable to send emails using the outgoing server for the email account I am using. If I try to use another outgoing server from another account, sometimes the email sends but most often it does not. The only way I can get the email message to send is to close the app and reopen it and then my message sends right away.

I am using 2 email accounts associated with my own website and 1 gmail account and this happens to all the accounts uniformly.

Any thoughts on whats up? I am using IMAP settings and it is all default settings.

thanks in advance!

OP
R
Reaction score
FYI,

I get a "CANNOT SEND EMAIL USING SERVER ****"
Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check your SMTP server settings in Mail preferences and verify any advanced settings with your system administrator.

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Doesn't sound like an Apple Mail issue but rather one with the server(s) you're using. You stated it's your own web site. Are you using your own server?

OP
R
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like an Apple Mail issue but rather one with the server(s) you're using. You stated it's your own web site. Are you using your own server?

No I am not using my own server. I am being hosted my ace net.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.