Window size help : )

OP
H

hideous

Hello, all. Sorry to bump a 5 month old thread, but I figured it was better than making a new one on a similar topic.

I am a switcher. I got an iBook 12" model with the express purpose of writing. Writing works of fiction, mostly short stories, to be precise. So, whether using appleworks or textedit, every time I open a document it ends up at only half the screen width wise. Even using the green button only expands it to the Length of the page. So, it would seem that either I must move, drag and pull the document, then zoom to %175 every time, or press my face right up against the screen to read the tiny writing on the half screen sized document. If I had know I wasn't going to easily access the whole screen, I suppose I would have thought twice on buying a 12" model.

Now, I am not looking to be one of those jerks who asks' why can't this mac act like windows?', I swear, but surely there must be a way to at least set the program to remember the setting, and I am hoping you guys know what that might be.

Off topic, other than that, though there is a lot of intuitive differences, I can already tell that I am going to like the way mac does things better. And I have already gotten so many answers just lurking this forum, so thanks for that, and in advance for this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.