Iphone 3g error 1015 $5 reward plzplzplz

Reaction score
Hi guys, I recently bought an unlocked and jailbroken Iphone 3G and everything was working fine, I wanted to upgrade to 4.3.3 from 4.2.1 so i reset it and when it was rebooting it just froze at the apple, so I put it into recovery and now I cant get it out, I keep getting error 1015. If you give me advice and with your advice I can fix this I will send you 5 dollars through paypal, I am not lying I just really want to get it fixed so please help.

EDIT: I have tried iREb
Tiny Umbrella
and lots of different things

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
You most likely need to get it into DFU mode instead of Recovery. Download Redsn0w. Click 'Extras'. Click "Pwned DFU'. Let Redsn0w put the phone in DFU and then try to install 4.3.3 via iTunes.

Note the when in DFU mode the screen is completely blank. If it shows the connect to iTunes screen, you are NOT in DFU. The screen should be black, and iTunes should detect a phone in recovery as soon as it's plugged in.

OP
W
Reaction score
You most likely need to get it into DFU mode instead of Recovery. Download Redsn0w. Click 'Extras'. Click "Pwned DFU'. Let Redsn0w put the phone in DFU and then try to install 4.3.3 via iTunes.

Note the when in DFU mode the screen is completely blank. If it shows the connect to iTunes screen, you are NOT in DFU. The screen should be black, and iTunes should detect a phone in recovery as soon as it's plugged in.

I tried this but it wont go into DFU mode with redsn0w i tried like 5 times

OP
W
Reaction score
I think Im just going to but a new Iphone, time for an upgrade anyway. If you would like just PM me your email and i will send you like 2 dollars or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Take a look at this.

iPhone 3G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4.2.1 is the latest firmware supported by the 3G. 4.3.3 will not install on a 3G.

(I'm assuming you're trying to install a custom firmware.) What happens if you just let iTunes install the stock unjailbroken 4.2.1 firmware? Cooked firmwares are sometimes tricky to get installed, but the stock firmware from Apple should go on without a hitch.

Try just hitting 'restore' without holding down the shift/option key and let iTunes do it's thing. Once the phone is resurrected, you can run GP to rejailbreak.

You could also take it to the Apple Store and ask them to try and restore it for you...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.