Video card/cable shot??

Reaction score
My screen is all messed up! It looks like my lap top has a short circuit, I dropped it, or spilled water on it or something; except I did none of that!
A friend told me to press under the apple icon on the back of the laptop itself and when I do the screen goes back to normal but when I let go it goes back to looking crazy. He told me it must be my video cable. How do I deal with that without having to get a new computer all together?? The actual computer works fine!

Thanks,
Viv

376796_2289396717677_1331730213_32093467_995033585_n.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 2,2Quadcore 8gb
Watching posts like this is even worse than watching a bad horror movie.

It surely looks like a graphics card problem. You could check if the display cables are connected, but since you did not drop it or such, it is most likely a faulty graphics card/chip. You could troll the iFixit forums, but I recommend you to just take it to a apple store for repairs.

Since you say the rest of the computer is just fine, it might not cost you a brand new laptop.

Good luck "picks a tear"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.