Iphone 3gs no sim card installed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
My moms iphone 3GS keeps saying no sim card installed i have tried cleaning the sim card and any time that i press where the earpiece is or on the top of the back then it says sim card not installed and the only way to make it work again is to reboot it or take the sim card out and then put it back in. Does anyone know what the cause is?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
My moms iphone 3GS keeps saying no sim card installed i have tried cleaning the sim card and any time that i press where the earpiece is or on the top of the back then it says sim card not installed and the only way to make it work again is to reboot it or take the sim card out and then put it back in. Does anyone know what the cause is?

It's probably a loose wire or faulty solder point. Perhaps the tray for the SIM card is warped. You can send it to iResQ to see if they can repair. They will provide diagnostics and quotes for free.
Phone 3GS Service | Screen, Battery Replacement | Headphone Jack Repair

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.